OVER 20,000 SOLD IN AUSTRALIA
The DR-Z400E put simply is an Australian off-road icon, with over 20,000 units sold since its introduction in electric-start guise in 2000.
A living testament to Suzuki's engineering team that a motorcycle, relatively unchanged for two decades is still as popular with weekend warriors today.
The DR-Z400E truly sits in a class of its own and offers Australian off-road riders a capable, ultra-reliable machine without the large price tag and intensive maintenance schedules of competition enduro models.
The 398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve engine produces broad, tractable power and torque as well as boasting unparalleled reliability.
Rider-friendly electric engine starter with a lightweight electric starter motor and a compact, maintenance-free battery.
The bodywork features smooth transitions between the tail and seat to facilitate machine control on/off road.
Black Anodized Rims
Look the part out on the trail.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated engine's aluminium cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- KEIHIN FCR39SS flat-side carburettor for seamless, smooth engine power delivery.
- Dry-sump oiling system makes crankcase compact.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Automatic decompression system lifts one exhaust valve at cranking rpm for easy starting.
- The DR-Z400E's bodywork features smooth transitions between the tail and seat to facilitate machine control on off-road.
- Long-travel, 49mm-stanchion-tube front forks with protective rubber boots and progressive-linkage rear suspension system are both multi-adjustable.
- Progressive-linkage rear shock absorber system for excellent rear wheel traction.
- Aluminium-alloy engine guard plate protects the bottom of engine.
- Narrow frame made of thin, round and rectangular chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimum weight and lightweight aluminium bolt-on rear subframe.
- Air filter can be accessed with your bare hands, grease nipples of the swingarm pivot and shock absorber linkage bearing, and clutch cover can be removed without draining the engine coolant all for easy maintenance.
|Engine||Single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Transmission||5-speed, constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||49mm SHOWA conventional fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, SHOWA shock with adjustable compression (High & Low Speed) and rebound damping and spring preload|
|Front Brakes||Nissin twin-piston caliper, 250mm disc|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 220mm disc|
|Warranty||12 Months, Unlimited Kilomtres|