For the wild but not too wild
Since its inception in 2002, the V-STROM brand has attracted massive global fan-fare by providing owners with consummate comfort, convenience, reliability and enjoyment for money.
For MY20 Suzuki will introduce a new generation flagship V-STROM model line-up; the V-STROM 1050 and V-STROM 1050XT, expanding adventure horizons further than ever before.
Powered by Suzuki's highly acclaimed 1037cc, 90° V-twin, DOHC engine which has further evolved for MY20, boasting increased top-end power whilst also conforming to Euro 5 emissions standards.
Thanks to new camshaft profiles and timing, peak horsepower has increased considerably from 74kW / 8,000rpm to 79kW / 8,500rpm (106hp).
The highly refined engine begins with a deep rumble low in the rpm range, then progresses through the mid-range along a strong and linear torque curve then keeps building through the high rpm range in a smooth yet enjoyable manner.
Full LCD Screen
Aluminium Tapered Handlebars
12V DC Outlet
- DNA Styling - The distinctive styling incorporates elements of both Suzuki’s legendary DR-Z desert racer and the large off-road model DR-BIG. The characteristic beak design first adopted by Suzuki stays true to Suzuki’s heritage while also further evolving the design to be more aggressive and bolder for the new generation V-STROM.
- Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S) - The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S) includes the Motion Track Brake System, Hill Hold Control System, Slope Dependent Control System and Load Dependent Control System that assist in braking, and the Cruise Control System, Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), and Traction Control System that assist in driving. The system provides users with intelligent controls to enhance ease of use and convenience in touring and daily life.
- Motion Track Brake System - This updated system combines information of the posture of the vehicle with the front and rear wheel speeds. This allows the ABS to activate not only in a straight line but also when the vehicle is leaning.
- Hill Hold Control System - Automatically applies the rear brake when the motorcycle is stopped on an upward slope to prevent rollback when the brakes and clutch are released.
- Slope Dependent Control - Constantly monitors posture and if required controls brake pressure to prevent rear wheel lift during downhill braking.
- Load Dependent Control - Supports optimal braking by compensating for varying load conditions such as the difference between riding solo or with a pillion and loaded luggage vs unloaded.
- Cruise Control System - Works in conjunction with the new ride-by-wire throttle system to maintain the set vehicle speed without the rider needing to operate the throttle, a welcomed feature for long-distance touring that assists in reducing rider fatigue.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector - Offers riders the choice of three difference output characteristic modes. A-mode provides the sharpest throttle response, B-mode provides a slightly softer throttle response and C-mode provides the softest response of the three modes.
- Traction Control System - Features three modes of control inspiring greater confidence in diverse riding conditions. Mode 1 is for spirited riding with minimal level of intervention. Mode 2 is ideal for commuting and regular riding conditions and Mode 3 is best suited for poorer riding conditions such as wet or cold roads as it offers the highest level of intervention.
- Aluminium Twin-spar frame - The lightweight cast aluminium twin-spar frame realises the optimal rigidity balance for stability and handling performance. The swingarm is also constructed from aluminium and supports the balance and light handling characteristics of the motorcycle.
V-Strom 1050XT Specifications
|Engine||90° V-twin, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Transmission||6-Speed constant mesh with back-torque-limiting clutch|
|Front Suspension||43mm KYB inverted forks with adjustable compression, rebound and spring preload|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, KYB shock with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload|
|Front Brakes||Tokico radial-mount, four-piston calipers, 310mm floating discs|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single-piston caliper, 260mm disc with ABS|
|Warranty||2 Year Unlimited Kilometre|